Dr. Koushik Chatterjee is considered as one of the most eminent oncologist in Kolkata, who is destined to be the Key Opinion Leader in the Oncology Fraternity in West Bengal, if not in India and abroad. He is currently an Assistant Professor, Department of Oncology, in Calcutta PG Hospitals (S.S.K.M), which is the tertiary referral center and the most premier Teaching Hospital in Kolkata. He is seeing his Private patients in the prestigious Belle Vue Clinic, Kolkata, the North City Hospital and Neuro Institute Kolkata, and Kamala Ray Hospital, Hooghly, to name a few of his numerous clinical attachments.
- Renowned Student of Don Bosco School
- National Talent Search Examination scholar ( NTSE) in 1991
- ICSE in 1993, from Don Bosco School
- ISC in 1995, from Don Bosco School
- Pursued BSC with Physics Honors under Burdwan University, West Bengal ’95-‘96.
- M.B.B.S. from North Bengal Medical College in May 2001, West Bengal
- Silver medal for the university 1st class 2nd rank
- University gold medal in Medicine
- Honors in Physiology
- Class assistants in Physiology
- Class assistants in Biochemistry.
- MD Radiation Oncology from Calcutta Medical College, under the West Bengal University of Health Sciences, June 2009
Academic & Clinical Attachment
- Assistant Professor Department of Oncology IPGMER & SSKM Hospital, Kolkata.
- International Fellowship in Advanced Radiation Oncology, in Royal Marsden Cancer Center (NHS Foundation Trust), Chelsea and Sutton, United Kingdoms, 2010
- Fellowship in Department of Radiation Oncology, Tata Memorial Cancer Centre
- Indian College of Radiation Oncology (ICRO), course on Cancer cervix, in PGIMER Chandigarh
- Certificate course of Indian Association of Palliative Care in Medical College Kolkata.
National and Interntional Conference Attended
- He has attended more than 100 National and International Conferences and CMEs, both as deligates and invited faculty.
PRESENTATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL CONFERENCES
- Complementary and Alternative medicines a curse to Breast Cancers in the Indian Subcontinent. ESMO Congress Vienna 2012, Poster No.1388,1st October 2012[Best poster award: Oncology & Public Health section]
- Co-60 HDR CT based Interstitial Brachytherapy using Perineal Template. International Brachytherapy Meet, Bangkok, South East Asia. March 2011
- Results of HDR Brachytherapy along with external beam radiation in Head &Neck squamous cell carcinoma-A three years review at Medical College Hospitals, Kolkata. Proffered paper in the 29th National Conference of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India, held in Chennai, Nov’07.
- Nutritional status- A determinant of treatment toxicity in concomitant Chemoradiation. Best paper in the 29th national conference of Association of Radiation Oncologists of India, held in Chennai, Nov’07
- Alternative forms of medicines- A curse to breast cancers. Proffered paper (O/05/22) in the 30th Annual Conference of AROI, Mumbai 2008.
- Accelerated Hyper fractionated Radiotherapy in locally advanced cancers of the uterine cervix. Best paper, in the 30th Annual Conference of AROI, Mumbai 2008. (P/BP/124)
National and International Memberships
- Association of Radiation oncologists of India (AROI)
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- American Brachytherapy Society (ABS)
- European society of therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ESTRO)
- Ex - Teaching Faculty, Department of Physiology, Calcutta PG Hospitals, Kolkata, India [Under state Medical Education Service]
- Ex-Residential Medical Officer cum Clinical Tutor, Department of Radiotherapy, IPGMER & SSKM Hospitals, Kolkata [Under state Medical Education Service]
- Ex-Residential Medical Officer cum Clinical Tutor, Department of Radiotherapy, R.G. Kar Medical College and Hospitals, Kolkata [Under state Medical Education Service].